Greetings From Sweden!

by - 14:30



If you follow me on instagram, then you already know that I visited Sweden!
Me and my friend Ana visited Stockholm and we fell in love with it. We were there for four days, walking everyday for about 9 hours to get the best possible experience.  

Stockholm's architecture reminds me of European's architecture - everything is old and lovely.
The city is actually built on many islands, so it's known as the Scandinavian version of Venice. I'd like to mention the hospitality and kindness! Every time me and Ana (apparently) looked lost, someone would notice us and asked us if we need any help. Shoutout to a random grandma who actually walked with us to the museum! 


Have I mentioned how sunny it was? It brightened your day immediately, as soon as you stepped outside. It was a bit cold at times, but we're used to it. One bad thing about Stockholm is that everything is expensive. Well, for me it wasn't that big of a difference, but if you're coming from the US or some place that isn't Europe, you might find the prices strangely high.
We didn't eat a lot because we were saving money, so I usually ate three bananas, two apples a sandwich and a soup in one day. 


We were staying at Interhostel, which was a pleasant hostel. You had free coffee and tea every morning, otherwise you had the whole kitchen to yourself. While me and Ana were making instant soups for dinner (Ramen), some other guests were making dinners as if they were working in a 5-star restaurant. Luck was with us at all times, because we were placed in a room with four other girls. We arrived at 2am on the 15th of October and I think we woke everyone up. We actually arrived at 11pm and then we had a bus which took us from Skavsta airport to Stockholm. I woke up at 1am when everyone was 'jumping out' of the bus and then it took us nearly an hour to find the hostel - thought the hostel was only 10 minutes away! I hate google maps. 


As I was saying, we were in a room with four other girls. For some reason, every night a different Chinese (or Japanese) girl came and they all slept in the same bed - which left us confused. You would say goodnight to a girl with a red suitcase and then the next morning she was gone, which was normal. After exploring for the whole day you would come back to the hostel, to your room - and there was the same girl (or so we thought) with a blue suitcase, sitting on the same bed!
Anyhow, we met this crazy funny dutch girl Pam! She's from The Netherlands, but studies in Finland and she's currently traveling (right now I think she's in Russia). She has a blog too and you should check it out! 


The summary of this post is: I wanna live in Stockholm someday, it's my favourite city. I actually prefer it to London. I like the vibe in the city, no one's rushing, and everyone is dressed so elegant.

You May Also Like

0 komentarji