Books I'm Loving Right Now

by - 18:56





I realised that I never do home readings (do you have them in your country), and my excuse is simply one word: procrastination. Beside that, I usually find the books boring (there are exceptions, of course). So here's an update about my day: I had an english exam about book we were ordered to read (I'll present it below), I had an oral exam in History (all questions were connected to Frankish Empire/Kingdom of the Franks) and I got an A+! Then I also had an oral exam in a class called "History and Theory of Drama and Theatre", and I sadly got a C+. So, what else beside the school stress? I decided that from now on, I will be reading more books. In english, of course.





The Golden Lily | Richelle Mead
This is the 2nd book in the Bloodlines novel, and it starts Sydney, an alchemist, living in a world full of vampires, trying to find her place. Author Richelle Mead impressed me with Vampire Academy back in 2011. If you're expecting cheap romance or werewolves, you're going to be disappointed. But if you're expecting a roller-coaster filled with passion, fights, love, drama, danger, mystery, blood and much more, then get ready!




Allegiant | Veronica Roth
I swear I don't know how, but it just happened. On a boring day back in March, when I had nothing to do, I downloaded a movie called 'Divergent'. For two hours I didn't move and my eyes were glued to the computer screen (and no, Theo James wasn't the only reason!). I watched the same movie two times the next day. On the third day, I went to a nearby library and borrowed the book in my mother language. When there was a sleepover party, I always demanded that we HAD to watch the movie.
And I somehow even convinced my mom to go to the cinema to watch it with me (I was watching it for the 5th time). But the thing doesn't end here - my mom actually read the whole series before me, but just only because she doesn't have to study 24/7. Anyhow, I'm reading the third, and the last part of the series.



Let It Snow | John Green, Maureen Johnson, Lauren Myracle 
After reading a certain book called 'The Fault in Our Stars' & crying a river & watching the movie adaption & crying even more I was determined to stalk this guy out of his pants. I was actually choosing between 'An Abundance of Katherines' and 'Looking for Alaska', but since December is nearly here, I decided for a more suitable book which will (hopefully) warm my heart.


Life after Life | Kate Atkinson
A few weeks ago I was strolling through GoodReads and I came across this book. I felt the need of holding it in my hands after reading what was written in the back of it: 

"What if you had the chance to live your life again and again, until you finally got it right?

During a snowstorm in England in 1910, a baby is born and dies before she can take her first breath.
During a snowstorm in England in 1910, the same baby is born and lives to tell the tale."

Now I personally have no clue what this book is actually about, but I'm absolutely thrilled about the idea of reading it.




The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time | Mark Haddon 
This is the book I was talking about - the reading assignment we had in our english class. At first I wasn't very impressed at the language that is used in this book, simply because anyone can read it. But I was wrong! This is an excellent book, and while reading it, I constantly had the idea that I was in the book. To summarise harshly: the book is about a boy with Asperger's syndrome, how his mind works and how he lives in this world, among many other things.



Have you read any of these books? Do you have any recommendations for me? :)

You May Also Like

6 komentarji