How to create a banner for your blog | VERY easy

by - 12:36




I got today's inspiration from MissTifannyMa's video on youtube, called 'How to make a youtbe banner/channel art'. I wanted to do something productive, so I decided to show you how to do your own banner for you blog in a very easy way.


STEP ONE


Take a screenshot of your blog. I don't know which computer you use, but if you use a MacBook like me, press ctrl + alt+ 4 on your keyboard.


STEP TWO



Go to PicMonkey. Click edit and select the screenshot of your blog.


STEP THREE




This is how it will look.


STEP FOUR



Click that little butterfly on the left (Overlays). Choose Geometric and pick a square. Move, change it the way you like it, so it makes kind of a frame for the banner.

STEP FIVE

You want your frame to be as equal as possible. So once you make a square for the left side, click with the right side of your mouse and select 'Duplicate overlay'. Another square will appear and it will be the exact same one. Place it on the right side.

STEP SIX

 Go to 'effects'. Chose 'draw', and just click everything so it will look like on the picture (Brush size - 100, colour white...). Then just start drawing on everything. It will delete everything beside the black squares.

STEP SEVEN

Find some cute photos, that have a white background. I found mine on polyvore, and I have them saved on my profile, so if you don't know where to look, click here. You can also just type in google 'tumblr overlays' and you'll have bunch of them. But just make sure that they have a white background.

STEP EIGHT

Now that you've found some sketches, add a text. There are tons of different fonts, pick the one you like the most. You can also change the font's colour, just to make it more warmer.

STEP NINE

You can clearly see that I've added some new sketches. Now here's the fun part, you can send them in the back (look at the title and the circles behind it). Simply click with the right side of the mouse on the picture, and select 'Send to back'.

STEP TEN


I've changed few things and added some. Just play with it! Now all you have to do is crop the banner. Save it as a .png file.




Do you have any questions? If yes, then please post a comment or just watch the video this tutorial is based on. I'd love to see your results! :)

p.s
I was also thinking of starting to make banners for you guys...they would be completely free since I'm not a pro. If anyone's interested in that, please let me know!


i made the banner of this post, but the picture is from here

You May Also Like

4 komentarji